Monday, February 28, 2005

Family Reunion

This weekend I was thinking about that water-skiing squirrel.

If you haven't seen Twiggy, here's a picture of him:
http://www.scarysquirrel.org/special/twiggy/twiggybig.jpg.

I was also thinking about family reunions.

Inevitably, these two lines of thought converged into squirrel family reunions.

Can you even imagine what this squirrel is like at reunions? Family, college, whatever.

"So, what do you do?"
"I live in a tree and eat nuts."
"So, what do you do?"
"I live in a tree and eat nuts."
"So, what do you do?"
"I live in a tree and eat nuts."
"So, what do you do?"
"I live in a tree and eat nuts."
"So, what do you do?"
"I water ski. On tour."

Are you kidding me? I'd be going to reunions I didn't even belong in if I had that much scoreboard.

This squirrel is pretty savvy. He sticks with what made him famous. He's not branching off into rap albums or endorsing political candidates. He doesn't try to ride motorcycles. He knows what people want to see.

Of course, without proper representation, he's probably got an awful contract. I don't know if he's got a nut to his name. Still, he's in the bright lights, and it's got to be better than being chased by dogs in the park.

Site Meter