Thursday, June 16, 2005

Next: John Ford Coley Works at Sears

I'm now officially afraid to leave the house.

Do you remember Seals & Crofts? Of course you do. They recorded very pleasant albums in the 70's and had a unique sound, both vocally and in their instrumentation. Their music had kind of a Far Eastern spiritual feel to it, if that makes any sense. Several big hits, many successful records, blah blah blah. I had several Seals & Crofts albums when I was in high school.

I don't remember why or how they left the music scene, but I always assumed that they just dropped out and went to live in communes or something.

So I'm driving home from work today, listening to sports radio, and an ad for a local car dealership came on the air. A Dodge/Jeep dealer. The ad breathlessly announced that Dash Crofts, formerly of Seals & Crofts, would be appearing at the dealership on Saturday to sign posters.

Wow.

Dude, I don't know where Jim Seals is, but I'd find him and tell him you want to get the band back together. Immediately. You're one step away from passing out cocktail wienies on a toothpick at the local grocery store.

I can't go anywhere now. I'm afraid if I go get my car washed, Art Garfunkel will be standing there with a rag to dry off the hood. What am I going to say? "I loved your solo albums"?

Man, nobody can pull off a lie like that.

Site Meter