Thursday, July 21, 2005

Under the Teapot Dome

(From MSNBC)
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian authorities on Wednesday arrested 58 followers of a bizarre cult built around a giant teapot, two days after the sect’s headquarters was torched.

I'm glad they added "bizarre," because otherwise I would have thought that worshipping a giant teapot was ENTIRELY NORMAL.

There are times when I don't understand something, yet I intuitively sense it's potential entertainment value. So let me say this right now: if this means that someday we'll get to see ten thousand people in an arena singing "Jesus is a teapot, short and stout," then I am entirely down with this whole thing.

Mind you, it's not nearly as entertaining as it would be if the giant teapot was evil. Then we could hear it say "I'm a little teapot, short and stout--AND I'M THE DEVIL."

I'm not sure who set the sect's headquarters on fire. Maybe it was The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Appliances--the Toasters.

Site Meter