Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Guitar Jane

[written Tuesday night]

Any doubts about Guitar Hero being the best game ever made should have officially evaporated around 9:30 p.m. last night. That's when my wife, after months of promises, sat down and picked up the cherry red Gibson SG-imitation guitar.

And rocked.

It took her a few tried to get through I Love Rock and Roll, the starter song, but then she blew right through I Wanna Be Sedated and Ziggy Stardust. "This is fun," she said. "I can see why you like to play it so much."

"Think up a name for your band," I said.

"My band?" she asked.

"For Career mode," I said.

"Oh, I won't do that," she said. "I just wanted to try it once."

This morning, the first thing she said to me was "I went into your study last night after you wnt to bed and tried to turn the game on but I couldn't get it working." I gave her a little A/V tutorial.

I put Eli 4.6 to bed tonight, and when I came downstairs, I heard Sharp Dressed Man thumping throught the closed door of my study. "I got ninety-three percent on Sedated," she said.

As I write this, she's standing a few feet away, ripping through ZZ Top. "My hands hurt," she said, as she started another song.

I think I'm going to recommend The Skirts.

Site Meter