Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sports Papers

After some of the World Cup posts I made where I was discussing soccer rules, DQ reader Sebastian Mankowski sent me a series of academic research papers (statistics based) on various aspects of sports. Great reading, and he's okayed me sharing them with anyone who is interested. Here's a list:
--"Down to Ten: Estimating the Effect of a Red Card in Soccer"
--"A Brownian Motion Model for the Progress of Sports Scores"
--"When to Pull the Goalie in a Hockey Game" (earlier than you think)
--"Simulation Models in Golf" (focusing on putting)
--"Sports Sentiment and Stock Returns"

Sebastian contributed to the "Down to Ten" paper, which is particularly interesting reading.

If you'd like to read any of these, just shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

Site Meter