Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Because Usually

I'm having some tests on my stomach today (about four hours worth), as well as a colonoscopy on Friday.

Whee.

We were discussing when we were going to Shreveport for our holiday trip.

Whee.

Originally, we were leaving this coming Saturday, which, as it turns out, is the day after the colonoscopy. So this is how week would look: four hours of tests on Tuesday, colonoscopy on Friday, then a six-hour drive to Shreveport on Saturday.

"I'm worried about leaving the day after," Gloria said. "If there are any complications, I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere."

"I was just going to say let's go anyway, but then I read about what those complications actually are," I said.

"So did I," she said.

"I don't want to be three hours into a six hour drive and say 'Hey, my ass is bleeding,' " I said.

"I know," Gloria said, "Because usually, your ass doesn't start bleeding until we actually get to Shreveport."

Site Meter