Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hard Down, Expert to Go

I finished the Hard difficulty level of Guitar Hero II on Friday night.

For me, "Carry Me Home" was the killer. It took me several days of practice to get past that opening riff (and once you do, the song isn't that difficult). I don't think I played any of the other songs in that set or the final set more than twice before I passed them.

What I particularly appreciate is that now, when I go back to improve my scores on these songs, I can just practice individual sections first. My weakness has always been fast solos with lots of hammer-on/pull-off sections. I can do some dedicated practice with them, which will make me much more ready to tackle Expert.

Overall, I don't think I like these songs as much as the original, but it's also not a brand-new experience this time, and that might be affecting my perceptions.

Site Meter