Thursday, July 19, 2007

All-Pro Football 2K8 (360)

I was hoping to have impressions up today, but I need to wait until I spend a few more hours taking a look. Parts of this game are absolutely phenomenal--the animation, for example, which is the finest animation I've ever seen in a sports game (and a significant upgrade from NFL2K5)--and other parts are an absolute mess (the front end, which would embarrass a freeware program, is a good example).

I could get past the off-field issues, because the on-field action has generally been spectacular, but once again, the Achilles Heel of this series has reared its ugly head--game management in the last two minutes of a half. I've seen some A.I. decisions that have just been drop-dead stupid, and I want to explore this a bit more before I write up full impressions.

Site Meter