Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

I finished The Deathly Hallows Saturday night and it was terrific, a sensational end to the series. There were a couple of things I wish had been handled differently, but after reading these books for a decade, I was fine with whatever J.K. Rowling wanted to do.

Literary critics seem to enjoy savaging Rowling's writing ability, but I think that's totally unfair. Maybe they would be less critical if her books had sold 5,000 copies instead of 500 million. I don't think it's a sign of low ability that she wrote books that everyone could read, including children. All I know is that I've never looked forward to individual books more eagerly than hers, and during a story that spanned a million words over seven books, I was totally entertained for about 999,000 of them.

Site Meter