Monday, June 09, 2008

Planescape: Torment

After seeing the post about the high-resolution mod for Planescape: Torment last week on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, I bought a used copy of the game on eBay.

This is exciting.

Until I tried to run setup, that is--that's what I got the hourglass, then nothing. This is not so exciting.

This has occasionally happened to me over the years when installing programs, and it's particularly difficult to diagnose. There are no events logged in Event Viewer, no error messages, and basically no information whatsoever. There are also multiple possible solutions (although it's also possible that none of them will work), so trying to sort through them all is very time intensive.

So I'm only one step away from playing this game in 1600x1200, but it's a long step.

Site Meter