Monday, July 28, 2008

Eli 6.11

Eli 6.11 was getting ready to go to the pool last week, and Gloria walked out of the bathroom wearing her swimsuit.

"Hey, it looks like you put on a couple of pounds," Eli said. Then, seeing Gloria's reaction, he immediately said, "...and by that, I mean you look PERFECT now."

Yesterday, we were talking about his upcoming birthday (version 7.0 gets released this Thursday). He asked about a movie he wanted to see, and I told him he'd need to be at least sixteen. He said, "I can't wait until I'm EIGHTEEN, and then nobody can tell me what to do." Then he smiled, as if seeing a beautiful future.

"Well, not exactly," I said. "By then, you'll have a job, and your boss will tell you what to do all the time. There's almost always going to be someone in your life who will tell you what to do."

"Oh, that is HORRIBLE," he said.

I didn't even mention marriage. Heh.

Site Meter