Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rock Band #117

Entertainment Weekly has a story today about full album releases for Rock Band 2, and here's a list of what we can expect in the future:
Foo Fighters (The Colour and the Shape)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Magik)
Jane's Addiction (Nothing's Shocking)
Megadeth (Peace Sells... But Who's Buying)

Stevie Ray Vaughn (Texas Flood)

Yes, that is Stevie Ray Vaughn, and yes, that's Texas Flood. If you've never heard that album, it's an absolute masterpiece.

In general, that is a stellar album lineup, and I also saw an article last week that there is a new training speed called "breakneck," which I assume is even faster than 100%. Again, that was one of the features I was really hoping to see added, and it fuels my fears that Harmonix has implanted a chip in my brain with direct data download to their offices.

Drum lessons have gotten very difficult lately. I'm trying to learn some more complex beats, particularly complex in use of the kick pedal, and it's driving me crazy. I can play everything fine at a lower speed, but when I start playing the specific song during the lesson, full speed just kills me.

This week, though, I've got something very interesting to learn: the main beat of Synchronicity II. The reason this is so interesting is that it's the first time one of my lesson songs is also a Rock Band song. So this will be an excellent test case of whether playing the song in Rock Band will train me to play the main beat on a real drum set.

Site Meter