Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Drawers

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Eli 7.1 sometimes has dreams that are fully coherent pieces of fiction, far outside the kinds of dreams people normally have.

I also mentioned that I've been having dreams like that for years, and that they're extremely powerful. I had one last night for the first time in a while, and it was something I've never even vaguely dreamed about before. It wasn't as fully-formed in terms of plot, but it's an example of how screwy my brain is at times.

The dream took place in a room that was about 20'x20'. Built into every wall in the room were drawers of all sizes (with a rich, deep color like mahogany), and the effect was like a giant wooden puzzle.

The scene itself had the kind of highly saturated color that films in the 1950's sometimes had (Technicolor). Believe it or not, what I saw was a musical number, and the men and women dancing were all dressed in standard business clothing of that era (which looked pretty snappy).

A big band song was playing, very up-tempo, and people were dancing. There were also people along the walls opening and closing the drawers, and those sounds provided all the percussion accompanying the song. Plus, since the drawers were different sizes, different pitches and sounds were created, depending on which drawers were closed.

I didn't see the whole song, because Eli 7.1 walked in (6:45 a.m. on a Saturday morning--right on schedule), but having one of those dreams always makes me feel like I'm going to have a great day.

Site Meter