Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Curious Collection of Matt's

A selection of the outstanding e-mails I've received in the last hour, all commenting on the curious "revenge of the Matt's" contest that I seem to be running.

Your winner selection algorithm is obviously skewed to select people named Matt - so I'd like to change my entry.
--Matt (Kevin) Logan

What is up with the large number of "randomly selected" contestants with the first name of Matt? To the untrained eye there are only 3 but you snuck a 4th one in by hiding him under Mike, like I'd fall for that. This contest has proven the rumors of your pro-Matt agenda.
--From the e-mailer who used to be known as Elliott but will from this point on be known as Matt.

The only late entry I got was from someone who forgot that today was Wednesday. His name, of course, was Matt. Obviously, he would have been a lock if he had just gotten his entry in on time.

However, if you look behind the numbers, this is not surprising. Look at the breakdown of Dubious Quality readers by name:



As you can see, based on the composition of the readership, Matt's, if anything, are underrepresented.

Site Meter