Thursday, May 07, 2009

Manny Ramirez Suspended For 50 Games

Story.

If I was still a baseball fan, I think I'd slit my wrists.

Just out of curiousity, I looked up the AL and NL MVP's from 1990 forwards. That's 19 award winners in each league and 38 total. Of those 38 awards, 18 went to guys who are known to have been steroid users, and I think several more look very suspect at this point.

Plus, almost every active player with 500+ home runs has been linked to steroids (Ken Griffey, Jr., being the exception), and anyone who retired after 1998 looks suspect as well. Here's the list of players with 500+ home runs who are either still active or retired after 1998:
Barry Bonds*
Ken Griffey, Jr.
Sammy Sosa*
Mark McGwire*
Rafael Palmeiro*
Alex Rodriguez*
Jim Thome
Manny Ramirez*
Frank Thomas
Gary Sheffield*

You know what the asterisk represents. And I think Jim Thome may still be "outed" some day.

I mean, look at that list. Damn! And that's not even including pitchers (Scumbag Hall of Fame Roger Clemens among them).

Site Meter