Monday, June 28, 2010

Eli 8.10

We were watching television last night, and Eli 8.10 decided to have some ice cream.

Our freezer tends to make ice cream rock-hard, so Eli took the container and walked over to the microwave.

I turned back to the television, and the next thing I heard was Gloria saying "DO NOT put your foot in the microwave!"

???????

"But I was holding the ice cream," Eli said.

"Your mom's right," I said. "That's dirty."

"But my feet are ALREADY dirty," Eli said.

"I was talking about the microwave," Gloria said.

"Ohhhhhhhh," he said.
***

Eli was supposed to go to a birthday party on Sunday.

"Sorry, man, no party on Sunday," I said.

"What? What happened?" he asked.

"It was cancelled," I said. "Lucy had some kind of behavior violation and then she got in a fight with her sister, and I don't know if that's bad enough to cancel a birthday party but they did."

"Leave me out of it," he said.

"Those are the five smartest words ever," I said.

Site Meter