Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Turkey Baster Of Knowledge

"Hey Dad, do you want to play some Super Mario Galaxy?" Eli 8.10 peeked his head into my study.

"I can play in about an hour, little man," I said. "In the meantime, why don't you read for a while?"

"Read?" Eli 8.10 temporarily doesn't want to read because school is out. "Oh, come on!"

"There's too much empty space in your brain when you're eight," I said. "Reading fills in the holes."

"Dad!"

"Think of reading as a giant turkey baster filled with the knowledge," I said. "When you read, it's like laying on your side, having that turkey baster put into your ear, and the rich sludge of knowledge gets squeezed into your brain."

"Blechh!" he said, laughing.

"Fill that empty head with knowledge sludge," I said. "Get to work."

Site Meter