Monday, October 25, 2010

Rock Band 3 Notes

First off, to no one's surprise, the reviews are sensational. 8 reviews so far on Metacritic, with an average score of 95. The reason I'm not surprised is that this is Harmonix, after all, and this is what they do-- make superbly playable games that have hundreds of hours of content.

As a player, though, I'm bummed.

I'm sure the game is great, but I was primarily interested in three things (in order):
1. the Squier Stratocaster, so I could be playing a real guitar
2. the MIDI Pro adaptor, so I could use my electronic drum kit
3. the new keyboard mode

The game will be launched in a few hours, and we still don't have a release date or price for the Squier. The MIDI Pro adaptor has a price, but no official release date. So even though I'm excited about the game, I won't be doing anything except playing keyboards for a while.

It drives me nuts (from a business standpoint) when I want to spend money and someone won't let me.

Site Meter