Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Day With No Pain

For you, anyway. Yesterday's post took so long to put together that I'm not putting up anything today except this.

Because I'm not writing today, though, good things are happening with Gridiron Solitaire.

I also just read a wonderful article on the untimely and tragic demise of marathoner and Olympic gold medalist Sammy Wanjiru, one of the greatest runners I ever saw. The article is in a recent issue of Sports Illustrated, but it's not on their website yet, so unfortunately I can't provide a link. This passage, though, is staggering:
It's hard to come up with any measure sufficient to characterize the strength of the Kenyan marathon army, but try this: Sixteen American men in history have run faster than 2:10 (a 4:58 pace per mile); 38 Kenyan men did it in October.

Site Meter