Monday, June 24, 2013

Gridiron Solitaire #60: Potpourri

First, the lake stadium is now finished:


Fredrik also made sailboats, but each one is in a separate image file, and before each game, I'll dynamically generate a position for each boat (on the water, hopefully!). So each time you use the lake stadium, the boats will show up in a different place. It's a very small thing, but hopefully it will make the stadium feel less static.

The last stadium (#8) will be a second dome. Fredrik has already done the basic design. So when someone starts a league, they'll see their own stadium for eight home games, but no other stadium should show up more than twice a year.

I spent more time last week playing the game than I have in months, starting a new franchise and playing through two seasons.

In the second season, I made the playoffs, and faced the San Francisco Sharks on the road. In spite of a few mistakes on my part, I stayed in the game, and was only down 28-24 with two minutes. I drove down the field and reached the 4 with only 15 seconds left.

No card plays available on the play draw. Hit the Big Play button. Stoned. Game over.

It was a very satisfying moment, believe it or not, because the game had been very dramatic, and that last play was agony. That's what I was hoping for three years ago when I started.

We're feature locked now. I'm down to three bugs. I have a small list of things I'd like to do, but they're not new features.

There's a basic version of the cut scene now. Needs work, but it's straightforward.

Believe it or not, Gridiron Solitaire is apparently almost done.

Site Meter