Monday, March 17, 2014

So Here's An Update

We came back from Nashville today.

If things have seemed disjointed around here for a while, well, they have been. We traveled five weeks out of seven for hockey, and before that Eli 12. 7 had a cracked rib.

This last trip was to Nashville for a regional-level tournament, and we were gone from Thursday morning at 5 a.m. to today (Monday) at 1:30 p.m. I'll be writing about that this week, because it's one of the most memorable trips we've ever had, both in good and bad ways. And seriously, who knew there was a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville?

I'd like to write about these trips as they happen, instead of trying to recompile once we're home, but somehow I'm spooked by the prospect of someone breaking in and stealing all our crap after I announce that we're out of state for four days. Urban legend about criminals trolling the Internet for that information and whatnot.

So anyway, these last two and a half months have been brutal. Eli has played great, and his attitude is great, and I'm very, very happy for him. I am also very glad, though, that the season is over and we're not traveling until we go back to Michigan this summer for goalie camp (this time, the Elite level camp, which is a big deal).

What this means is that things are going to back to "normal" for a few months. I'll have more time to write, and I'll be able to make a big push in Gridiron Solitaire development to add the rest of the feature set that I wanted to put in before football season starts again in September.

So if this place has seemed unkempt, it wasn't your imagination. I was doing everything I could to keep writing, but man, it's been hard.

Thanks for your patience, and it will be different for the next few months.


Site Meter