Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Ongoing Very Non-Epic Ankle Saga

I've gone through 50-60 hours of intensive rehab (both with therapists and self-directed) on my ankle.

Strength and flexibility are both very good--the equal of my left ankle again--so the therapy has been very effective.

However, I'm still feeling a degree of pain that shouldn't be there if there wasn't any structural damage.

That's what my orthopedist said on Tuesday, anyway, so I'm having an MRI soon to see what's going on in there. At first, I resisted, saying I wanted another month to rehab, but after a 90 minute session at the gym yesterday (that went well), I was just standing by the water fountain and felt kind of a searing pain in my ankle.

Yeah, that's not normal.

Maybe a little arthroscopic procedure can clean some things up. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Site Meter