Monday, January 23, 2017

Romance

We were all watching New Girl and a commercial for The Space Between Us came on. I fast-forwarded through it to get back to the show.

We see all kinds of things in fast-forward mode only.

"What was that?" Eli 15.5 asked.

"Science fiction movie," I said.

"It looks interesting," he said. "What's it about?"

"I think it's a romance," I said. "Maybe alien, maybe human."

"Really?"

"Plus I think there may be dogs with laser eyes. For the action fans."

"Are you making that up?" he asked.

"Absolutely not maybe," I said.

"What genre would that be?" Gloria asked.

"Sci-Rom," I said.

"What is that?" Eli asked.

"You know, like romantic comedies are 'rom-coms'," Gloria said.

"Wait," I said. "This would be a 'rom-sci', then," I said.

"What about 'Romantify'?" Eli asked.

"That's already an actual product," I said. "An essential love oil. Available in only the finest bathroom vending machines."


Site Meter