Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Under the Big YMCA Top

"Incredibly, someone is checking you out," I said to Eli 16.6.

He was working out at the YMCA, with me as staff, so I was tossing balls to him at various times, etc.

I noticed a girl who was persistently looking at him. This isn't that unusual at the YMCA, because even if you're a guy with a neck the size of a Buick, Eli is doing things that you can't even conceive of doing. He is both a point of interest and a colorful local character.

He finished an exercise and walked back toward the weight area, and he crossed past where the girl (and her mother) were working out.

When he came back, I was ready for chirping. "So was she checking you out?" I asked.

He burst out laughing. "Her mom looked at me and asked, 'Are you in the circus'?"

"No!"

"She did," he said. "I only wish I had thought to say 'That's Plan B'."

"In her defense," I said, "you were balancing on a Bosu ball, pressing a fifteen-pound ball with your left hand, and juggling two balls with your right."

"Fair point," he said.

Site Meter